Thursday, February 11, 2010

Today's News

Reading the paper each morning keeps me amused and informed. I'm not sure which it does better, but I'm leaning toward entertained. Today's Gainesville Sun was just chock full of interesting things to kick around the bar stool. Here's a quick tour of the highlights:

SNOWMAGGEDON
The blizzard that socked most of the East Coast inside last week and again this week continues to get top billing. Most newspapers want to point out that: "Hey! We were able to get to work and publish this damned paper, and deliver it to your frozen ass. What about that, huh?"

STUDY: ENERGY DRINKS, LIQUOR ARE A BAD MIX
As most any college student can tell you, adding caffeine to your buzz will only make you feel less tired, not less buzzed.

CAN YOU BE BORED TO DEATH?
Turns out that, sure enough, being bored CAN kill you! Who knew?

OLD HENGE
An article about a playground in London designed for geezers.

PHIL HARRIS DIED
You know, the rough-spoken Captain of the Cornelia Marie crab boat, who chain-smoked through the whole episode? Died of a massive stroke at the age of 53. I liked him.

EARTHQUAKE RATTLES ILLINOIS
A window-shaker in Illinois gets very little press. Of course, being a 3.8 and occurring at 4:00 am helped everyone to sleep through it without much incident.

FINALLY
Someone posted a link for me to this parody video that amused me greatly. Lady Gaga's original song, Bad Romance, is one that I'll admit I kinda like. Her vocals are decent, and her imaginative fashion and set designs are off the chart. It all appeals to me because she also has a great sense of humor. Anyway, this parody: Shit My Pants by Sherry Vine is very well done - toilet tranny humor at its finest.

No comments:

Post a Comment